This page includes tips and tricks to help you beat Anubis in Assassin’s Creed Origins’ Trials of the Gods.
A new quest will appear in your journal that will prompt you to investigate a glitch in the Animus. This will take you to your first trial where you’ll be facing the jackal-headed god of death, Anubis.
This trial takes place in the Great Sand Sea of Egypt which is located south of Siwa and west of the Black Desert. You can reach its location by fast traveling to a nearby point in Siwa and riding your chosen mount the rest of the way.
When you reach the site, walk into the beam of light to initiate the trial.
- To avoid one hit kills, get to or as close to level 40 as you can before attempting the trial.
- For the most part, this is a ranged battle so come prepared with heavy hitting bows such as a Legendary Warrior Bow and Light Bow.
- Weapons traits such as Health on Hit, Critical Hit Damage, and Precision will be incredibly useful.
- You will also have to engage in melee battle at some point, so a quick and powerful melee weapon such as a Sword or Sickle Sword is recommended.
- Upgrade skills such as Overpower Chain Throw, Extend Combo, and Master Warrior/Hunter for enhanced combat.
Keep in mind that these are just a suggestions. Each player’s skills and weapon preference is different.
When the trial begins, it’s important to stay mobile and use your bow to hit the glowing sphere in the middle of Anubis’ chest. To keep your stash of arrows full, make sure to refill your ammo by picking up the mounds of glistening sand that drop throughout the battle.
The first wave of attacks will start with pairs of flaming hyenas that track your movement across the trial area. You can avoid them as long as you continue to run in the opposite direction of their highlighted path, dodging them if they get too close.
Try taking down the flaming hyenas with one shot from your bow if you are having difficulty avoiding their attacks.
Anubis will alternate between the flaming hyenas and a blinding sand attack that can also be avoided by keeping an eye out for the attack’s trajectory that is conveniently shown on the ground.
Once his health has been depleted by approximately one fifth, he will send out 5 minions that you will have to take out while trying to avoid any flaming circles and jagged walls of bones that he spawns during this time. You can break out the walls of bones by smashing through them.
Use chain attacks to eliminate the minions quickly.
The next wave will include flaming hyenas and sand attacks yet again, but this time the intervals in which they happen will become shorter. Pairs of flaming hyenas will now spawn back to back and sand storms will increase in frequency. Remember, keep moving and stay out of the highlighted attack range.
Anubis will summon the minions again but this time, you will have to avoid the wall of bones and flaming hyenas as you battle them. Once the minions are eliminated, prepare for Anubis to throw all of his attacks your way.
When the walls of bones spawn, take care to break through them quickly because sand attacks will shortly follow. Flaming hyenas will come from alternating directions so using your dodge ability will be useful. Anubis will also send out a pack of normal sized hyenas for taste. This will continue until you finally defeat the Egyptian god.
- 250 Drachmas
- 1000 XP
- Level 40 Legendary Tomb Protector Shield or Level 40 Legendary Conductor Sword or Level 40 Legendary Was Scepter.