Nazi zombies are out. Leprechaun zombies are in.
Activision is celebrating all things green and Irish this St. Paddy’s day with the seasonal community event, Operation: Shamrock and Awe – which includes a zombie leprechaun lurking on the multiplayer maps.
The event is live now, and includes limited-time St. Patrick’s Day-themed gear. A couple of new weapons will also roll out – the M-38 Submachine Gun, and the MG 81 Light Machine Gun – and while the St. Patrick’s Day variants will disappear with the end of the event, the weapons themselves will remain.
Team Deathmatch, Hardpoint, Kill Confirmed and Domination modes will be spiced up a little with The Leprechaun Hunt Moshpit.
“A fleet-footed zombie leprechaun hidden in each map. Players who eliminate the terrifying little sprite are rewarded with something better than a pot o’ gold – all of their equipped Scorestreaks full and ready to deploy.” It will be available as a Featured Public Match during the Operation: Shamrock and Awe from March 16 to March 19, and offers double XP.
As well as the limited-time multiplayer playlist, gear, and special Orders and Contracts, the game will also be getting a major content update, detailed over on the blog.
You can find the highlights below. The event wraps up on April 3.
- Increased Number of Weapons & Premium Content per Update – We’re adding new ranged weapons, more cosmetic weapon variants, and themed uniforms with a commitment to double-down on these categories moving forward so you’ll be able to get more of the content you want.
- More Ways to Earn Weapons – We are offering a variety of paths to obtain the most-wanted weapons and weapon variants in-game as more will be made available via Orders and Contracts, in addition to existing Weapon Collections and Supply Drops.
- Lowered Duplicate Rates – We are reducing the frequency of duplicates you’ll receive within Supply Drops to deliver more new content in every drop.
- Rebalanced Category Reward Rates – This will ensure you are getting a wider variety of content categories within every drop, which will make the unboxing experience more satisfying (we heard you on what it feels like to get triple duplicate pistol grips).
- New Special Orders – We heard your feedback on certain weapons being available only via Common Supply Drops and how hard they are to get. We are moving these into Special Orders so that they are easier to access.
- New Categories of Items – You will have more ways to customize your solider and loadout with the introduction of weapon charms, camos, and reticles.
- Content Changes – We are removing gold foil calling cards, and won’t be adding new pistol grips to the loot pool.
- Armory Drops – We are adding a new Supply Drop type “Armory Drops” which will function a lot like Bribes but can be obtained for Armory Credits to provide yet another way to get the content you’re after.